View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 04:38 PM   #10
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by carandol View Post
Unfortunately, since my PC is running linux, I don't have access to a decent epub editor. I've tried running it through Calibre, and the photos just come out too big for a reader's screen (I've tested it on my Bebook). If anyone else on Mobileread has the technology, and would like to convert it, I'd be very pleased!

Having said that, the text-only version is a really good read -- you'll miss out on photos of the family at various ages, but they're all on the author's web site, and the story's perfectly understandable without them. I recommend the version from Feedbooks as the best formatted for epub.
Sigil from right here at Mobileread is a 'great' Linux ePub editor. I'm running it on Ubuntu 9.04 right now.

LINK: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=203

Or you can run Atlantis Ocean Mind word processor under Wine (it's a pay program so you can google it) which has a very nifty ePub output

Last edited by Moejoe; 08-29-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote