View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #283
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
I would think that would depend on if the new readers support LRX/LRF as well as ePub.

If they do I would not expect Sony to make the previously purchased books available in ePub as the ones you already own will be playable on the new readers.
Of course the new readers support still LRF (and LRX), "BBeB" is mentioned in all specifications.
As for the latter, please see this page.
Quote:
Also, I'm not sure how ePub DRM works, but if it uses PIDs I would not expect Sony to register someone else's, e.g. Astak's, PID on their bookstore. They have already demonstrated that they are at least as short sighted as Amazon in that regard.
ePub DRM is tied to user account, and devices are authorized for the account (be it by Digital Editions or eBook Library). I'm quite sure Sony will be more than happy to sell ebooks to everyone.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote