View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 04:12 PM   #281
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
I
Also, I'm not sure how ePub DRM works, but if it uses PIDs I would not expect Sony to register someone else's, e.g. Astak's, PID on their bookstore. They have already demonstrated that they are at least as short sighted as Amazon in that regard.
They are using Adobe ADEPT DRM which ties a reader to an Adobe ID. You register the device via Adobe Digital Editions (or Sony eLibrary) software. One point they made is the ability for ADE supporting devices to be able to buy/read books from the Sony Store. The Astak Pocket Pro will be one such device.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote