View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 08:14 PM   #11
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
City of Lies, City of the Sea, and City of Desire appear to be sort of semi-self-pubbed (certainly ebook only) continuations of Anton Gill's Huy the Scribe historical mystery series, set in the waning years of the 18th Dynasty in Ancient Egypt. The first three books in the series came out in DTB back in the early 1990s and I read them at that time and enjoyed them. I'm now part way through City of Lies, and am enjoying it as well.

The first three have been brought out in e-book by Endeavour Press, and these three later e-book only ones are also by Endeavour Press. Endeavour Press seems to do a mix of republished backlist where (presumably) rights have reverted to the author and sort of self-pubbed newer stuff.

Endeavour Press runs most of its titles through US Kindle Countdown from time-to-time, pricing them at $0.99 for a while, and I've managed to pick up four of the six so far. They are also available for free if you have Kindle Unlimited. Otherwise they are $3.99 regularly.

Two are on US Kindle Countdown right now:

City of Lies is at $0.99 for about four more days: http://www.amazon.com/City-Lies-Anto.../dp/B014HJ38VM

City of the Dead is at $0.99 for about 2 /14 more days: http://www.amazon.com/City-Dead-Anto...dp/B013R91H70/

NOTE: Gill's City of Gold is NOT part of the Huy the Scribe series, in spite of the "City of ..." title.

Last edited by sufue; 01-17-2016 at 08:30 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote