View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 12:43 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by themadthinker View Post
Hey, long time reader, first time writer. I think I've settled on one of the Hanlins for my long wanted device. My question is if there's much functional difference between the different distributors? I was eying up a BeBook, but why is it more expensive than some of the others? Do we have a firm date for the EZ Reader yet?

Thanks,
themadthinker
EZ Reader has units in house and are ready to ship as soon as the web site is clean. They are scheduled to ship at the end of this month.

There are only minor differences between the units so far. lBook has larger next and previous button on the left side (see image in the wiki). There are color differences in the offerings. They have different logos. Some of the sites have not upgraded their descriptions but it is likely that, unless they have old stock, they are all shipping 512Meg units these days. They ship with different accessories.

There are differences in the support and the various versions do seem to add firmware features from time to time. Eventually the Hanlin web site seems to roll up these features but it can lag for a month or so. The good news is that a user can upgrade their firmware from any of the sites so far.

Some sites favor the wolf format, some FB2, some PDF, and some mobi but all devices support all the formats. The wiki now has a category for Hanlin to roll up the various flavors.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote