View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 06:08 AM   #7
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
I like to have them in RTF, because it is so easy to edit. I was overseas once and the book on my Sony had text too small to read comfortably even on LARGE. So I just ported it to my laptop, used WORD to increase the font size from 11 to 16, and ported it back to the Sony. Problem solved. Try that with your LRF or LIT or whatever.

On my desktop computer I have two folders:

c:\zzzzzz-ebooks (for ebooks not yet converted for the Sony)

c:\zzzzzz-ebooks for Sony (for ebooks ready for the Sony)

I don't bother with complicated directories and sub-directories. I name each book file the same way: "Author - title" (ie "Piers Anthony - Chameleon.rtf")

If I want to find a book by Anthony Piers, I just do a search in Windows Explorer for "Piers" or "Anthony" or "Chameleon".

For a database of titles I use Infoselect v6 (the lazy person's database).

Oh, yes, I do have 15 years of library work behind me. I know all about Dewey and Cutter and ISBN and ISSN, yadda yadda yadda. I'm just a great believer in the KISS principle.
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote