View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #57
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That's cool, but I'd have to know with 100% certainty that it would work with whatever Chromebook I might get. I only want one computer and it must run all of the programs I use; not most of them.
Sorry, I won't be trying this. I found nobody claiming definitively that it would work on Crouton. And even if it could be installed on my Intel Celeron Chromebook, it would probably be agonizingly slow on an ARM-based Chromebook, so wouldn't fit your criterion of "work with whatever Chromebook I get"--it would have to be an Intel-based Chromebook, if it would even work.

Besides, if you were the real tubemonkey, I might risk my extra-clean installation to give back for all you do. But the real tubemonkey, the one who gathers all these deals for us and entices us to buy (I got one bargain PRS-350 because of you), would NEVER want only one computer. Tubemonkey is a multiple-multiple-multiple device person.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote