View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #123
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Have you ever been the subject of reading snobbery....
I've been subject of all sorts of snobbery and have been called all kinds of things, because I:

- Read fantasy ("That's just pulp.")
- Read Shakespeare ("Are you trying to be important?")
- Read most things in between ("Why read / waste time anyway?")
- Use DELL computers ("Not as hip as Apple.")
- Can write software and am good with computers ("Nerd.")
- Play Chess ("Nerd².")
- Play Go ("Nerd³.")
- Play RPG's / AD&D ("There is no word beyond Nerd for this.")
- Still enjoy some 15 year old computer games ("You're stuck in the past.")
- Play a Hammond organ. ("Cheesy." Until they hear Booker T. & the MG's...)
- Take pictures using a fully manual camera ("Why so difficult?")
- Don't use Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media. ("Anti-social idiot.")
- Want to be alone most of the time ("You've got a social disorder?")
- Do not have a girlfriend at this time ("You're afraid of women, or what?")
- Don't watch any TV except for documentaries and DVD's. ("That's just... moronic.")
- I listen to country music, organ music, new age, ambient, or even elevator music. ("WTF...")

And you know what? I don't f****** care.

I have my 8 hobbies or so to keep me busy beside working and stuyding (and have time for them because I don't do social media and don't watch brainless TV), and my ways have netted me (more than) enough money, without any debts, enough to do, and a quite uneventful lifestile without any surprises. And I never do anything unexpected.

In the end, I have no or only very few problems and can (almost) do whatever I want without having to pay responsibility to anyone or anything. And I like it that way.

If you don't like my reading habits, my other hobbies, or my very quiet, unproblematic and uneventful lifestyle, then you can just go away and get stressed out somewhere in a very busy place and cause yourself many problems, or something. It'll be more quiet for me then.

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-22-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote