Thread: iLiad Bypassing iDS
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 02:43 PM   #4
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudysplif View Post
It's true, no point in booting to terminal. But looking at the current content lister (from what people say about it), I would like to scrap it, get it out of memory and code up something simple myself. I'd rather a simple text list over clunky icons.
Good luck to you if you do. However, keep it mind that the contentlister does more than just listing content. It also handles button presses, connectivity, etc. I think there was a thread on it at some point.

Quote:
I've read that the iLiad can power up-sync-power down. I'm hoping that I can rig my iLiad to pull down all my papers/blogs into text/simple html articles for my morning read.
Unfortunately, it can only do this to connect to IDS. Hopefully they fix that with a future update.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote