View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #10
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gassville View Post
After hunting around some more I found the wiki page "InstallationInstructions", which indicates OSX 10.8+ is required. Before posting, I'd tried to discover whether there was an OS requirement, and looked at the sigil user guide. Finding a "installation" section there which didn't mention any such requirement, I failed to realize there'd be additional installation information in the wiki. Actually, I failed to realize there even was a wiki, since the users guide has the appearance of being thorough.
The User Guide chapter on Installation clearly states "Sigil only runs on MAC OS 10.7 (Mountain Lion) x64 bit or higher." The wiki clearly states "Requires 10.8+ (Mountain Lion) on Intel Macs with a x64 processor." But if you try the official 0.6.2 on 10.7.5 it will crash.

We know it needs to be sorted out. The wiki entry probably shouldn't be there - most of the entries were cleared out once the guide went up. 0.6.2 should work on 10.7.5 but there was a build problem. Fixing it has had to wait until 0.7.0. The version requirements, at least for MAC should probably be on the main page as well. And I might change the linuxdistro page to include the link for the older MAC builds
meme is offline   Reply With Quote