View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 05:15 AM   #27
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm another one for the viewpoint that an author is free to hold whatever personal views they wish; I don't go in for the idea of "thought crime". I may vehemently disagree with their views, but I absolutely defend their right to hold them.

I'll judge an author solely on the quality of their books.
These are two very different statements.

I tend to agree that an author should be judged, as an author, on his books.

I also agree that authors, as any human beings, are allowed to hold any opinion they want to. So am I, and if I think someone's opinions are stupid and morally wrong, I also have a right to voice that opinion, just as he has a right to voice his.

I've never read any of OSC's books, so I don't have an opinion on that. I agree that he has a right to his own opinions on sex. I also have a right to consider him a prick, if indeed he is "vehemently homophobic". I certainly don't think his books should be banned and I may even read one of them some day, but I still have a right to my opinions about his opinions.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote