View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #2
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifact View Post
So I've tried yet again to read the oft praised and suggested first book of the Honorverse and yet again fizzled out.

I like Space Opera. I like MilSciFi. Women are great (Go Kris Longknife, Vatta, and so on.) What I can't stand is that dang tree-cat. It just bugs me. So please, does it die in the second book and I can grit my teeth and wade through the first one and have the other 27 (guesstimate) novels of the Honorverse to look forward to?

I see one of those cat-things on the cover of one of the later books. I think I'm doomed. Its going to be one of those serieses everyone else adores and I'm left to pine about weeping over my eReader mewling 'if only...'.

artifact
Wow! Nimitz (the main tree cat) is one of my favorite characters in the series! I love him and his family. As to what happens to him, eventually, I don't know. I've yet to make it through book 10. I tend to burn out everytime I try to complete the series.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote