View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
All4Fun
Zealot
All4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, Blackberry Bold
Bible Navigation Poor

I thought I would give some feedback on the NIV Holy Bible that I first purchased in EPUB format directly from zondervan.com and then the LRX version from the Sony eBook store.

The navigation is very very poor requiring you to use the navigation buttons at the bottom of the PRS-505 to move from book to book and then use the same navigation buttons to go from chapter to chapter.

As an example, to go to Psalms 100, you literally have to click over 100 times to get there!

Thinking that the EPUB from zondervan.com may have been an anomaly, I go ahead and purchase it AGAIN in LRX format from the Sony eBook store thinking that the experience would be different in large part from the feedback from one of their customers that said that navigation was much improved (Link Here). I couldn't imagine how much worse navigation could have been previously.

I was really hoping that the navigation would be equivalent to the great work that Sherman did with the KJV version found here.

I could only pray that an NIV version with easier navigation can become available or eventually upgrade to a touchscreen model of the Sony ebook reader.

Wish I could have had this feedback before purchasing my 2 unusable versions. I can't imagine trying to use this in church to find a verse quickly.

Last edited by All4Fun; 12-03-2009 at 02:16 PM.
All4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote