View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 10:43 AM   #10
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kphoenix View Post
The Calibre epub->mobi conversion uses the toc.ncx, i.e., when that mobi file is viewed in K4PC, the toc option is available.
What Calibre is doing is creating an inline TOC from the headings in the HTML content, adding that to the end of the HTML content, and adding the appropriate Guide item in the OPF file to enable the Kindle to link to the inline TOC in its "Go To..." menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphoenix View Post
But, back to my original post, in the Calibre mobi file, every endnote with multiple lines displays with added white space above the last line of the endnote. If I can't resolve that formatting anomaly, then, I reckon I'll have to add an inline toc.
One possibility that occurs to me is if there's something in the last line of each endnote which is superscripted - some displays will move the line down to make room for superscript characters, whereas other displays will leave the line spacing untouched.
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote