View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 07:14 AM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
Using a PB 360 here, with quite an elaborate folder structure to organize my books. Sometimes I'd like to place a book in more than one folder. Duplicating the actual file would be silly, but a symlink would be perfect. Obviously not an opzion with FAT, however. Do I have to use FAT? I don't care about Windows compatibility.
There is Favorites function.
Just select one book and place it in favorites.
Then long press OK in favorites and add directories.
Add more books from memory and card.
Then connect the reader to the PC, go to the /System/ directory and find *.flk file.
For each book placed into Favorites there is one [random_string_name].flk file created.
Inside file you find simple link to file, such as /mnt/ext2/Sir Arthur Conan Doyle/Holmes/Omnibus.txt

I am surprised that nobody has come up with a Calibre plugin or a simple script that would generate such files. Here you can have as many "symlinks" as you wish ;-)
I am pretty sure that it would be possible to write a short (<50 lines) shell script using 'find' 'sed' 'awk', or a python or pearl script that would genereate *.flk files for you from a directory.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote