View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 02:34 PM   #9
FA_Q2
FA_Q2 began at the beginning.

Device: None (YET!!!)
Thanks for the input so far.

I looked into the readers mentioned above and it does seem the 600 may be the best bet. The astric pro mentioned is not much of a savings over the 600, 20 to 30 dollars does not really matter in the 200 range. I am somewhat unhappy about spending 200 dollars on a reader in general though as I will not be able to purchase a pair of them at the moment but all the cheaper models I looked at take a rather large hit in the functionality department and are still scratching the 200 mark.

I could drop the dictionary requirement and I have looked at the matrix. The problem is, the matrix does not really tell me anything as a layman. It does look like the prices of all the readers in the 5 and 6 inch categories are priced close enough that price is not a factor anyway so I don’t see a reason to give up the dictionary unless there is a reader that you guys think is head and shoulders above the others. Unfortunately all those juicy readers in the lager category are insane expensive (at least for me ).

One thing I would like cleared up: does the touch screen really make that big of a difference in image quality? I noticed the HanLin eBook has most of the same functionality of the Sony without the touch screen and at the same price point. It even had a few extra formats that it supports. What are your opinions on this book or is the screen effect negligible?

Also, in your guys’ opinion, is the eink defiantly the way to go. Like I said earlier, I was looking into those because I liked the look of the screen. Without any experience with other ereader devices, I do not want to discount the myriad of other readers to soon, particularly because a backlit screen would be very helpful.

Lastly, will I be able to share a DRM book between two devices I own? I imagine that I cannot although I heard the kindle can accomplish this. As I said before, I would like to be able to share my library with my wife while I am away.

Last edited by FA_Q2; 11-29-2009 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the DRM Q
FA_Q2 is offline   Reply With Quote