View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 05:47 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_S View Post
In the epub version I downloaded, everything is a mess. In the book, there is one paragraph that is not indented. I assume the <p> tags add indents, so I simply remove them.
That assumption is where you went wrong. You need to put them back (or replace them with divs).

The p tag is a p tag. Nothing more. It's intended to be used to indicate what should be a single paragraph. If you want it to behave a particular way--with regard to indents--you'll need to style it to do so. This can be achieved through css or inline styling.

Different renderers/converters have different defaults when no styling is specified. That's why you're seeing different results in Sigil's viewer compared to the Kindle book you make from the ePub.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote