View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #11
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
well, one thing is comparing Kobo's customer service with the ideal customer service we all want, another is comparing Kobo's customer service with that of the competitors. While I do understand from what I read on mobileread that amazon are great with replacing Kindles, when it comes to ebooks my personal experience of dealing with Amazon is rather poor: I bought an awfully formatted book, and complained, and six weeks down the line exactly nothing has happened.
If you look at the brightside, at least Kobo offers a chat where some minor problems can be solved pretty quickly. Sure, all customers services can be improved, and it is definitely right to complain, otherwise they'll never know - but Kobo's CS could be much, much worse!
Actually, I find the opposite to be true. One book I purchased from Kobo was completely blank, except for a TOC -- and this from a major publisher. It took nearly half an hour on the phone to convince Kobo c.s. that indeed the book was missing content. No refund was given -- they said they would report it. Six months later -- the faulty book was still in Kobo's store for sale. That was the last purchase I made at Kobo.

Amazon, OTOH, will immediately refund for a faulty book and will obtain corrected versions from publishers. I have always found Amazon's c.s. to be outstanding. No contest.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote