View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 07:44 AM   #18
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
The second group, which is the group to which I belong, doesn't care about anything but being able to read ebooks conveniently and want an inexpensive but good tablet that permits it.
That is me,too
I don't do mobile gaming or video--the living room's the place for that.
I just wanted a hardcover class color reader and I really wanted to go with Nook because of the sdcard.
In the end the lockdown settled the issue.
Amazon plays some petty games with their app store but it took me less than 5 minutes to not only get Nook up and running on the Fire, but also the competing 1mobile app store. No hacks, no sideloading; the Silk browser let me d/l and install 1mobile just fine.
Whatever their expectations for the tablet, at least Amazon lets me do whatever I want right out of the box.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote