Thread: Font Embedding?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #59
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
Use the "contact us" button at the top of each page? That's my guess.

True, but take a look at the total list of supported formats. That's probably a bigger reason why the meatgrinder got so much priority over direct ePub conversion. LRF and PDB might not support drop caps or even basic HTML formatting, and just stripping it could make even more problems.

That's the only reason why I'd bother with it.
You'd bother with it to have clean code that is formatted well. Also, because you want more sales. I rarely buy from Smashwords because of the meatginder. I hate it. IT makes ePub with very poor code because Word is full of poor code. Garbage in/garbage out.

The meatgrinder is just some version of Calibre. Calibre converts just fine to LRF & PDB. If you are not sure of how your finely crafted ePub would look in LRF & PDB or any other format, just get Calibre to convert your ePub and then view it using the native reading program (Don't use Calibre as it converts to ePub first before viewing). Reader for PC for LRF, eReader for eReader (PDB), Mobipocket for Mobi, etc.

There is no reason why the uploaded ePub cannot be the source for all the other formats except PDF.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote