View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 01:54 AM   #1
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
It was a dark and stormy night...

1979. Every teen in my neighborhood was talking about the movie "When A Stranger Calls". Including my sister's extremely annoying friend, 'Vicki'. She had just gotten a babysitting job, and was bragging about how nothing scared her.
That night, as a storm rolled into the city, I called the house that Vicki was babysitting at and whispered "Have you checked the children?". All I heard was "recluse, you're an..." right before the lights went out. Then I heard a scream, followed by dead air. Naturally, I was concerned. So I grabbed a flashlight and went to the house, where I found the front door wide open, the kids in bed, but no Vicki! Being a decent guy, I watched over the children until their parents arrived. I learned then that the entire city was blacked out. I came up with a quick B.S. story to explain Vicki's absence, got paid, and went home. I found out the next day that Vicki ran straight home and locked herself in her room. She never spoke to me again.
I think about her sometimes, on dark and stormy nights.
She's got kids now.
Maybe I'll give her a call.
Just wanted to share.
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote