View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 01:46 AM   #6
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
interesting concept. I am seeing that copia is an aggregation service for content you want then when you have time to connect your device it will sync what is on the device with whatever you have added or has been updated in your copia account. Is this your take or did I miss something?

I could see how it might be useful to a lot of people given the sheer volume of data to be had online. My question would be, how does Copia make money? I see they have a bookstore but what if someone only uses free content? Are they selling your usage data? Still a very interesting idea. I sure see that our existing 3G networks are going to start seeing a LOT more use as these sort of readers grow in popularity since 3G access is far less complicated and restrictive (access wise) for the average user than via wifi where you can find it.

Pretty cool idea the more I think about it...
I'm hoping that this won't entail the introduction of yet another ebook format into the marker, but upon a closer look, they may be on to something with the social networking angle. Time will tell.

Perhaps a plus will be their use of ePaper technology. Does this mean eInk is in for some competition, or am I misreading this? Competition could be in the best interest of the end user.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote