View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #14
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Interesting. What happens at $10 that makes the pbook a factor?
At $9.99 or lower, it falls into impulse buy territory and with ebooks, I don't have to worry about not having storage space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
It almost sounds like you are using the hardcover as a governor to try keep your spending under control, and if the hardcovers weren't there, you'd go on a crazy book-buying spree.
The thing is I almost never buy hardcover books. I'm generally happy to wait for the cheaper and smaller paperback release. I only buy hardcover when it's a title I really, really want to read right away (and there are very few of those). I'm actually buying new releases more often now since the ebooks tend to sell at $12.99 or so and I don't have to worry about not having space to store them. However, when I can get the hardcover for $14-16 and the ebook is $18-20, I usually put on the brakes on purchasing.

I go on crazy book-buying sprees regardless. The hardcovers are just my barometer for determining the prices I'd be willing to pay.

In general:
<$10: buy
$10~15: needs some thought
>$15: most likely a no with some exceptions

For obvious reasons, reference books are an exception to the above rule.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote