View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #11
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
We have local "computer experts" working at big box techno chain stores here. Their logo looks rather "familiar" (Geek "something" as I recall). They behave much the same as you experienced. They give totally BS answers to tech questions (especially the "managers" who are quick to call YOU an idiot and claim that YOU broke the power supply by renaming the internal disk partitions) in the computer your client bought from them. Yes, that literally happened to me while trying to get warranty repair for a client's computer. I renamed the hard drive partitions after adding extra external drives for a client, so they could easily tell which drive was which when Windows decided to resequence the drive letters depending on which (if any) USB drives were plugged in when you booted the computer. [The external drives had their own power supplies, so the dead computer power supply was probably just a coincidence.]

Anyway, some in-store tech support personal are abusive and condescending idiots.

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-28-2012 at 11:00 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote