Thread: iPad over Xoom
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #4
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
the 300 buck Verizon special swayed me to a first gen. I like the wide screen as well. Don't really dig the Xoom's dimensions for reading PDFs in landscape.

Still not a fan of Apple's business style: not letting retina iphone apps scale up well so you have to buy the "HD" iPad version for just one example. Little surprised that crossword app that works like Shortyz android app costs 10 bucks (where Shortyz is free). etc.

But the hardware is great. Very happy with it as a reader, to play games, and read rss and browse.

Nifty little machine. I'll bet I hang on to it until it goes kaput (or apple quits letting you exchange it when the battery dies.)
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote