View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #23
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
I even use re-mailing services when Amazon ships directly. They charge much more reasonable international shipping rates, I can consolidate several items to have them repacked and save even more. And usually I don't pay any import tax, while Amazon always collects that in advance. All this makes even more sense I am now a US Prime member and have free US shipping for most items.

Shipito and Usunlocked are two such services I use.

My re-shipper will also hold and re-pack. If I tell them I have several packages coming from different sources, and give them permission, they will open the packages, consolidate non-fragile items, and re-pack. Often something like a shirt will get packed in a large box by LL.Bean. My re-shipper will send it in a padded tyvek envelope and save me money. I don't need the large box that software often comes in... Just the DVD and paperwork. And as you say, import taxes are a thing of the past, except when I ship to Thailand. They collect import duties on EVERYTHING, even my old clothing!

When I ordered my Sony 505, Amazon wouldn't send it to me because they deal with Sony USA and have trade agreements not to send to Japan. But Sony Canada doesn't have such agreements, so I found a company that dealt with them (B&H Video) who mailed me my e-reader immediately.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote