Thread: Epubcheck 3
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #17
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
AFAIK, Apple is not using epubcheck 3, either; they were not as of December. If they've moved up to 3, that's news to me, and it's very recent. What they do have, and have had, is their own intake (transport) intake that checks for certain ePUB3 aspects. (And the ubiquitous dreaded itunes.plist file, as well).
Interesting. So in lieu of all the "tell that to the distributors/publishers who are requiring epubcheck 3" pleas ... does anyone have any actual stats on who is actually requiring epubcheck 3-validated submissions?

Quote:
So, to me, it's easier to do fundamental ePUBchecks with FC in Sigil, and then just drop the book on the most recent ePUBcheck, or, whatever ePUBcheck the specific distributor is using (like 1.1).
Common baseline (spec-based)... then tweak for specific publisher/distributor requirements. Makes perfect sense to me.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote