View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #34
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Try the fontmenu.default.font.size.list ("17, 18, 21, 25, 31, 36, 60, 86" - looks familiar?) inside com.amazon.ebook.framework.resources.UIResources (in opt/amazon/ebook/lib/framework-api.jar).

I really, really, strongly suggest NOT to modify the original jar files, but to create additional resource bundles instead (as I suggested above). It is much cleaner (and much easier to modify or remove) and has much less potential to shoot yourself in the foot. The link that I posted contains all the required information about how and why this works. If you're wondering about why the system will pick up and use the additional jar file: If the DX is anything like the other models, the cvm startup script builds the class path from all the jar files it finds.

Edit: supposedly, you don't have to change the ReaderResources file at all. I assume that it contains all the *available* (usable) font sizes, while the UIResources one contains the *selectable* ones. Just a guess though, as I didn't spend any time to analyze the actual code logic. This would explain why nothing is happening when you select the "86" entry: the system probably switches to "39" and says "this is the largest font that I have". Or you could try to add all sizes between 20 and 40 to the ReaderResources, so that anything that you select from the UIResources one is "accepted". Just experiment a bit.

Last edited by ixtab; 09-14-2012 at 06:53 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote