View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #64
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Hmm... yeah, I'm still willing to give it a try.

Here's the result of a very quick grep:
Code:
~/kindle-touch/fs$ find . -name "*.so"|grep font
./usr/lib/libXfont.so
./usr/lib/libfontenc.so
./usr/lib/libfontconfig.so
~/kindle-touch/fs$ find . -name "*.so"|grep type
./usr/lib/iptables/libipt_addrtype.so
./usr/lib/iptables/libipt_pkttype.so
./usr/lib/libfreetype.so
./usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgsttypefindfunctions.so
So I suppose that either libfontconfig.so, or libfreetype.so, could be the culprit. (probably the latter, according to what you said). I'm pretty confident (though not absolutely sure) that the kernel versions and binary compatibility didn't change between KT releases [5.0.0|5.0.1|5.0.3|5.0.4].

Given that all executables compiled for older kindles are working smoothly on the KT as well, I'm relatively confident that we could do without reinventing the wheel (or recompiling).

So, could you please provide some more info about the solutions for older kindles (a few links, or even relevant search terms, will do). Thanks!
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote