View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 10:41 PM   #14
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Or, you can try reading an eInk in the dark and see which is better. For many of us it is a given that we will have two or more readers for various situations as neither eInk or LCD based readers will ever work adequately in every lighting situation.
E-ink requires a bright external light in the dark, like a book does...

I appreciate that e-ink works well in sunlight, but I don't think the e-ink vs LCD debate is about lighting.

E-ink is easier on the eyes. You can read on it for hours without getting blurry eyes if used with a good light.
LCD is LCD. Most people would have trouble reading a novel on it. You will get blurry eyes.

At least, that's my experience.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote