View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 11:32 AM   #45
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
What DRM does the star eBook support? This is a funny criteria as most people think lack of DRM is a good thing. NAEB even made this one of their original requirements (but changed at the last moment).
Sorry; how can the lack of ability to buy the books that you may wish to buy be considered a good thing? I'd love to be able to buy a device which supports ALL the popular DRM formats. Unfortunately, other than reading on a PC (which isn't my idea of fun) if one buys a dedicated device one is forced to select one and only one DRM format. As I've said on a number of occasions, it was Bookeen's support for the mobi format (and its DRM) which heavily influenced my decision to buy it.

Quote:
I am not sure why Fictionwise dropped DRM on the eBookwise device. It originally had some support for this. Does anybody know?
I believe they still support it in their DRM-free "multi-format" books, don't they? And Baen support it too, of course (but they don't use DRM at all, of course!).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote