View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbaynton View Post
Very slick wrt your Yesterday 04:04 AM suggested metadata plugin, thks.
You're welcome, it works great for me.

Quote:
I have read the 2 links provided - granted, quickly. Respectfully, that may not do it. If it does, it seems it doesn't overcome the problems cited:

1. Any use of tags presently means that the tag has to compete with all the other tags (thousands). Regardless, from what I can see, any tag is buried among all the other tags i.e. doesn't stand alone on the left side, as is the case with, say, "Authors" i.e. maybe I'd like a collection on the left side that organizes books for "Children's".
The links I sent you to primarily dealt with managing user categories via a custom column and had little if anything to do with tags in the tags column.

Quote:
2. Maybe I missed it, but I don't see a way without the use of tags to easily eliminate the objectionable titles within the choice of any author. For example, let's say that I've identified all books withing 10 authors, except 1 of the authors has 25 titles when I'm only interested in 1 of this author's book.
As explained in the links you can create your own custom column that acts likes tags and will show up in the tag browser. But I am stuck an not able to see your vision.

Quote:
Am I missing something pls and thks?
I don't think you are missing much I think I may be missing exactly what you are trying to accomplish. I'm going to step back and let someone else have a shot at providing you with the answer you seek.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-03-2012 at 10:42 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote