View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
Splitting it into 2 or more posts is doable. I've been thinking about that. But how split should it be? Should it be 2 posts each 90 KB? Should it be 4 posts of 45 KB? Should it be 9 posts approx 20 KB? 36 posts at 5 KB? What is a reasonable limit for the size of each post? ... Attachment size limits are 1 MB for TXT, 5 MB for DOC, and 20 MB for EPUB, PDF, or ZIP. But what is the limit for the size of a post?

The good news is we don't have a set limit. So if it's almost 200 KB, that's not a problem, as long as it is still usable from a user's perspective.

Quote:
Particularly for anyone reading those posts on a mobile device?
Yes, this could mean someone on a mobile device has some more data usage when visiting the particular post. But we're talking about 200 KB of text content, which compresses very well and which isn't that much compared to the standard size of images used on Websites.

Quote:
Regarding wiki, in my opinion that's not practical either. The target audience is calibre users who want examples of how someone does specific things. Not the general public who might stumble across a wiki article. I suppose I could link from a small post in calibre forum to one or more wiki articles. But this would move the content away from its calibre-user audience.
That sounds reasonable. The best of both worlds might be to include the content in both, the forum post and a copy of it in the Wiki. The Wiki would allow for more formatting than a forum post does.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 10-14-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote