View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 05:42 PM   #15
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMatt View Post
Today's sue-happy society in the U.S. is completely reprehensible and disgusting. Adobe has done nothing wrong and has certainly done nothing illegal. It's so sad that when consumers make a bad purchase that their first instinct would be to sue the company they purchased the product(s) from. I don't like DE, although I don't mind Adobe. I don't buy DE books, though, and I expect this to be an adequate way to show my distaste. I don't go out and buy something I don't like and then sue the company. Such a solution is so mind-bogglingly stupid, it gives me a headache just to consider it.

But hey, maybe if you're lucky tons of people will sue Adobe to the point that Adobe loses enough money to result in layoffs. When people start losing their jobs as the economy seeps lower into a recession, it'll definitely prove you're sticking up for the little guy!
If I pay money for an ebook and it stops working, I have suffered a loss. If the Adobe DRM on the file is the reason it stops working, then Adobe has caused my loss. Very few ebook retailers will give a refund, and none will because of DRM problems. Why shouldn't I sue Adobe?

You say that Adobe has done nothing wrong. Given all the many ways that a PDF can stop working due to the DRM, I must disagree.

P.S. Please note that I said small claims court in my previous post. I want people to sue Adobe only for the money spent on the PDFs. I did not suggest suing for absurd amounts of money.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote