View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #7
K. Molen
Addict
K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 3, Nexus 10, Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
There are two issues with your questions.

First, from your location, it would cost more money to ship from India than America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I think it depends on if it's paper or ebooks. Certainly everyone wants the best deal they can get for an ebook. Paper books are sometimes so cheaply priced that you already spend more on shipping than the actual book itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Given that this is MobileRead, I suspect that the question is really referring to ebooks.
Sorry, I should've been more clear. I'm referring to ebooks, and the pricing example above is for the ebook. I've edited my post to clarify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyhive
Why not ponder the morality of the vendor?

Just a knee jerk thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
Second, instead of asking whether it is moral for a consumer to buy from Amazon India, why not asking whether it is moral for Amazon India to charge so little for their books and therefore depriving 50% of the author's profits?
That's certainly a valid question, but not the one I'm asking. I cannot change the behaviour of a publisher, but I can change my own.

Last edited by K. Molen; 09-07-2013 at 09:55 AM.
K. Molen is offline   Reply With Quote