View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #864
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
This version fixes the 'Get Story URLs from Web Page' issue, and the problem when using custom_columns_settings to set a column with 'a' flag and the story doesn't have any of that particular metadata.

This also introduces a different way to deal with the problem of Mac users crashing calibre.

To recap: A couple of Mac users have experienced calibre crashes after installing FFDL PI. Long story short, I removed the Configure Plugin and About Plugin menu items for all Mac users to fix it for one user.

It has since occurred to me that I have no idea how many Mac users FFDL PI actually has and how many of them have this problem. Am I inconveniencing a bunch of people for a problem only one user has?

So I came up with a different way remove those menu items for those users it crashes for. Create a file named 'fanfictiondownloader_macmenuhack.txt' in your calibre/plugins directory. If some Mac user could post an example of where that typically is on Mac, I'd appreciate it.

(Theoretically, it should be possible to figure out why it only happens to FFDL and fix/workaround it. But without having a Mac that's doing it to experiment on--or at least a user with one willing to try dozens of versions--I don't see that happening.)

Please let me know how this version works for you.

Thanks,
Jim

Last edited by JimmXinu; 10-02-2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions