View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 02:27 AM   #1
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
"Problems" with ePub from O'Reilly on Kobo Wifi?

I'm not sure if the fault really lies with the books from O'Reilly, or if it's the Kobo, or just random coincidence.
I didn't yet use ePub much, because so far most of my eBooks were PDF.

The "problems" aren't with formatting, though - that works great.

But chapter turns take ages. As does a change of font size.
Individual pages turn OK.

Font size changes even cause the device to either restart or hang itself up in an endless loop - which is even more annoying because I sometimes hit "down" instead of "right" when I hold it with my left hand.
Last time this happened, I just thought I'll just wait until it's done - today I pick it up and see the battery is empty :-/

Even if frozen it's not completely unresponsive - I can turn it off and on again, then the book usually is reset.

Does anyone know, is it's the devices/firmwares fault or the books? Could I perhaps reformat the books to avoid these problems?
Since O'Reilly eBooks are free of DRM, this would be possible.

Is there anything I should check the ePub for?

--

Device: Kobo Wifi, Software version 1.9 (r25373, Mar 29 2011)
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote