View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 01:17 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie102 View Post
TFT screen without the backlight should decrease eye-strain from normal back-lit LCDs.

Certainly a good thing. But I wonder how viewing angle and contrast compares to e-ink. Personally, I've had several reflective non-back-lit devices in the day and I found the text to be less readable than e-ink devices given identical ambient lighting.

This is one of those conclusions that goes to one's subjective take on it. I have both a jetBook and a number of e-ink devices. I personally perfer e-ink over TFT.

One is not "better" than the other; it's what one perfers.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote