View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 04:37 AM   #571
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
When I unpack a book with Kindle Unpack and repack it with Kindlegen, I got a warning: "No Page map found in the book" and search by page number is no longer available for that particular book. The page numbers are gone even though I didn't make any modification to the source files after unpacking and even though reference to page numbers are preserved in the original source files. After unpacking, I could still see a reference in each xhtml file like <a id="page88">. So, I don't know what's going on.

What is a page map and what does it look like?

How can I make my own if it's missing?

Is there anyway I can unpack and repack a Kindle book without breaking the page numbers?
Not until someone amends KindleUnpack to extract the pagemap into the format that KindleGen expects.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote