View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #32
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihor View Post

1) why are you telling me to change the name of the class from ReaderResources to ReaderResources_en ? I absolutely don't understand why. Are you sure I have to do this?
Because this way, you can effectively change the resource that is used *without* having to modify the original class or jar file. It is a feature of the way that resource bundles work in Java, and is originally meant for localization. In short, because the KDX is using english as the device language, it will prefer to look up resources in the ReaderResources_en class (if found) instead of the original ReaderResources class. In fact, you could even remove all the other definitions from the file (except for the ones that you want to change, of course), and it should still work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihor View Post
2) I am using Sun (Oracle) JDK 1.4 downloaded from here:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...4.2_30-sol-JPR

there is a file j2sdk-1_4_2_19-windows-i586-p.exe which I installed, then I put PATH to contain folder C:\j2sdk1.4.2_19\bin\.

Then I used command

javac -target 1.4 -classpath C:\Projects\opt\amazon\ebook\lib\framework-api.jar com\amazon\ebook\booklet\reader\resources\ReaderRe sources_en.java

(the dir c:\opt is a full copy of opt dir from kindle). Command worked without any errors.

Question: did I select the proper JDK and do I use proper command to compile? are there any other options that should be specified?
Looks correct. Now just compress it into a jar file (for example IhorsReaderResources.jar, or whatever - the name shouldn't matter), put it into the lib folder, and test it
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote