View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 11:48 AM   #38
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
which ipdf for simple zoom?

Hi All,
This has possibly been answered already, but please do help me out in this:

IS there a version of pdf reader that can give me progressive or incremental zoom? somewhat like the pViewer, but without reflow such that it works on pics also?

I have several pdfs which are scanned and hence contains no text. only pics of text in each page. Reflow doesnt work on these and I can see a lot of white space around the edges.
An incremental zoom could cut out the whitespace and zero in on the page stretching it and making it more readable.

As a possible approach(and to make a debut into some iliad dev work), I have been able to make a simple blind port of xpdf to the iliad.
This is currently dead slow, but works, and with lots of led flashes etc., and only stylus input works mostly.
This gives me a zoom select list box and doesnt reflow. A little mod of the src to remove the print func and reuse this to call the file open has helped me making it more useful.

I am looking for a better alternative...Any suggestions?

TIA..hari
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote