View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 11:17 AM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Where do I start.

In a perfect world, some books or magazines would never be written/published.

Books on how to overthrow the government, build nuclear bombs, handbooks for pedophiles, anarchists, etc.

Magazines that show torture, graphic rape, things like that.

We're not living in a perfect world. We live in a world where some groups think Harry Potter is the devil himself, but polygamy is okay.

All this being said, if you give the government the right to screen what you read, you are giving them the right to screen what you think.

And on a personal note, if I ever found out someone was allowing access to my grandchild any of the above mentioned, they would have to deal with me, not the government.

Just one final thing. There is a parent at my school, a very nice, loving caring parent, who has read the entire series of Twilight. She read it to see if it was suitable for her 7th grader. She decided it wasn't , and told the child that she could read it when she was in college, perhaps then she would understand it better. I just smiled and nodded. She may as well have wrapped it in ribbons and given it to her. These kids read what they want in school, at friends houses, just like they watch tv programs that are forbidden at home.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote