View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #17
hrosvit
Moron
hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Galaxy Note 2, Nook ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I almost always prefer single-purpose devices. My cell phone is a cell phone, my camera is a camera, I play music on an MP3 player that's only an MP3 player, and I read on an ereader.

My wife has an Ipad and she does use it for reading, but most of the time it's for email and videos. She doesn't read as much as I do.

I suspect there will always be a market for small (think mass market paperback sized) dedicated ereaders, especially if the price is low.
I'm the opposite; I like to combine as many functions as possible into one device, as long as performance remains acceptable. I rarely read on my original Nook anymore, because I always have my iPad with me. I can do so many other things on it in addition to just reading. I like reading on the Nook better, but I'm not willing to carry both devices, especially when traveling.

I don't believe e-ink devices will disappear (what the hell will we read on in the sun?), but I think they will trim the extras and try to lower prices to the absolute minimum.
hrosvit is offline   Reply With Quote