Thread: Duplicates
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 08:44 AM   #12
Jaelle
Jaelle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I have a related question on this that I've been wondering about. From reading the thread above it appears that I probably caused the issue with first importing all my books into calibre, and then using the save to disk button, creating duplicates.

When I look at the calibre library with Windows Explorer, there are two folders for every author. There is a folder with the authors name, first name then last name. And there is a folder with the authors name, last name comma first name.

The folders that have the first name first have each book in subfolders with a number in parentheses. These folders contain the ebook file and a cover.

The folders that have the last name first contain the ebook file, jpeg for the cover, and the .opf file.

I don't want every book stored on my hard drive twice. So I have two questions.

1) Which set of folders should be deleted without doing any harm to my calibre library?

2) How do I avoid everything being duplicated in the future? Stop using Save to Disk? (I was under the impression I guess that you should do a save after importing into calibre.)

Thanks for any help!
Jaelle is offline   Reply With Quote