View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #6
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I like the idea of a 5'' screen because I suspect it is much less breakable (at least, my 360 has taken quite a battering, and a year on is still going very strong - my husband regularly keeps his in his jeans backpocket, I shiver every time I see it, but the good old 360 seems to be copying ok, a year on), and the cover of course is a big plus.
A few days ago there was video on the-digital-reader site
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...eo/#more-31603
It shows a new reader PageOne HD with a screen that isn't backed by a glass pane but by a metal foil.
They demonstrate the display by throwing golf balls at the reader from quite a distance. You can see metal frame as it is bent after being hit by one of balls. And the reader still works.
Unfortunately there is no info when this is going to be available and how much it would cost. I also haven't found review of firmware of PageOne (non-HD version).

There is also better resolution of video available on youtube.

This is what I call tough device ;-)
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote