View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 09:38 PM   #34
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Where are you getting the $70 less figure? And "quite bad"??? That's a highly subjective statement without any discussion to back it up.

I'll admit that I'm not a big fan of glossy cases, and I'll even go so far as to say that having gotten used to Sony's way of handling navigation and all, the Cybook's controls and layout took about an hour to really get comfortable with. As for fragile... perhaps what you deem fragile arises because it's noticeably lighter than the PRS-500.

I've noticed already that it is easier, once I got used to using it, to use the 'compass' jogwheel on the lower right front to move between pages than those itty-bitty page-forward/page-backward buttons. And, no, I haven't yet hacked my Sony to do forward/backward using the jogwheel as I wanted a 'stock' Sony to compare my Cybook to.

Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by guguy View Post
The cybook looks quite bad and seems to be very fragile... considering
the PRS-505 is 70$ less it is really expensive for a Chinese reader...
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote