View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #17
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
Fair enough, and in any case I would recommend he use the free Kindle app.
What they said doesn't have much to do ...€ making money, like freemium business models and advertising
Either way, customers lose.
Money is sure a factor which promotes creating of apps. App Store is filled with flashlight apps. And they are for 0.99! Does it make any sense that one has to pay for turning their flashlight on? But people pay. Some resort to free ones. Money forces developers to make apps which are sensational rather than efficient. As far as I know very few apps are efficient for the job they are intended to do. Take an example. My windows 7 machine is just an Internet machine. I work on a separate offline desktop, running custom Linux. Why? Because in my field of work, there are no Win7 apps to do the job. There is market opportunity that users will pay upto USD500 for this app to have windows version and a touchscreen interface. But 7 years have gone and only me and my colleagues across the ocean are just helping each other to code it so that it works. How about wiki? How about Linux? How about amazing open source projects that power millions of servers worldwide?

My point is: Yes, money sure motivates developers to develop apps; but in a wrong way. And I will stick to it by saying software used for all noncommercial purposes should be free.
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote