View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #373
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
This doesn't really require much knowledge about Java. The most important task is to identify what has changed with the current firmware version, compared to the older ones.

For the "framework" part, that means running the "extract" task of the tool, and comparing its output to the current version. For the "locale" (=blanket) part, it means comparing the current gettext(.mo) files with the current reference state. For waf and pillow, it means comparing the .js "resource" files.

It's not complicated at all, it only requires a bit of time. Since I simply don't have that time right now, I was hoping for some other interested folks to take care of it. A concrete decision on what needs to be done to support 5.1.0 is only possible after this initial analysis has been done.

PS: I do realize that there are people ("users") who simply don't understand the details, and who just want to use things. OTOH, I also see people requesting features that they can figure out for themselves, but they prefer to go the easy way and ask someone else to do it. That's not the idea of this forum. Everybody here is invited to benefit from others' work, but what's even more appreciated is active involvement.

PPS: Don't get me wrong, the above is *not* targeted at you, JustAMan. I know you have been contributing to the localization. I'm simply hoping for a bit of participation from other folks who are interested in the matter. It's a "give and take" thing...
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote