View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 05:58 AM   #4
DaveNB
Connoisseur
DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook, Sony PRS-500, Nokia 770 (FBReader)
I was able to mount the Sony Reader as a filesystem using Fuse on OS X after running the Docudesk Browser application. The Sony Reader shows up as /Volumes/Sony Reader and you can navigate the file system and copy files back to your HD, even copy protected ones. I figured out which of the cryptically named files were which by looking at the Info screen on the reader for each purchased book.

I'm pretty sure I cannot simply copy a .lrx file back to the Sony Reader the same way and expect it to work as I suspect the Sony Connect software performs some fancy authentication/key storage steps on the Reader. Unless of course the .lrx files in question were encoded for my particular Reader's decryption key (which I doubt).

I do however wonder if renaming the .lrx files to something more meaningful like: "Author-Title.lrx" would keep them from being installed properly via the Sony Connect software in the future (ie. You need to keep the cryptic file name intact)?

Anyone else play around with this yet?

Dave
DaveNB is offline   Reply With Quote