View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 12:05 AM   #21
dcalder
Zealot
dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-300/Kindle Keyboard/iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But the issue I see is Bookeen running out of covers and sending a coverless Gen3. It's not a good idea to port the gen3 around without a cover. I would never put any eink reader in my bag without a cover.
Considering that the regular Cybook doesn't include a cover - only the Deluxe does - I don't see an issue with sending a coverless Gen3. There's plenty of options that can be taken as temporary protective measures. I know that I would far rather receive my Cybook before Christmas, sans cover, than have them hold it until they get more stock of covers in, sometime in early 2008.

Though that may be a moot point, as I've still not received a Fedex email, despite the originally-promised December 14th-18th shipping date. The current notice at the Bookeen shop could be interpreted to include existing orders as well as new ones, unfortunately. If that's the case, I may end up seriously regretting my decision to go with the Gen3 instead of the Sony. At least the Sony was in stock and promising immediate shipment with probable 2-3 day delivery when I looked into ordering it.
dcalder is offline   Reply With Quote